This package on offer from Bottom Dwellers is a two course package.
Learn proper and safe Freediving Techniques from a PFI Professional in the 'PFI Freediver' course. Take those skillsets learnt and adapt them to Marine Harvesting Applications in Bottom Dweller's 'Freedive-Harvesting Course' where you'll learn about local marine life, rules and regulations, risk management and valuable techniques and skillsets (including band-powered device handling) for freedive-harvesting and spearfishing.
These two courses together create Bottom Dwellers' 'Freedive-Harvester Package' to get you freediving, spearfishing and harvesting in the marine environemnt safely and competently.
In this course you will be taught the fundamental building blocks of Freediving. You will learn freediving skills and techniques and experience first hand how these will benefit you within an aquatic environment. You will learn about the physics and physiology of freediving and how your body adapts to being at depth. The PFI Freediver course will allow you to reach depths of up to 20m/66' deep during our open water sessions. In confined water sessions the PFI Freediver course will also have you explore and practice Static Apnea with the goal of increasing your breath-hold capabilities and learning to better manage your body for freediving.
Focus of instructional material in the PFI Freediver course will be on:
- Proper safety practices and procedures as well as rescue and risk management
- Proper Surface prep and Recovery Breathing Techniques for Freediving and Snorkelling
- Open-water and Confined-water skills development. Take what you learn in the classroom to the pool, and from the pool to the ocean. Learn and improve proper freediving techniques and skills, including, but not limited to: safety procedures, breathing techniques, entry techniques, constant weight and free immersion techniques, equalization techniques, emergency procedures ...
- Learn about proper freediving equipment: why it works and how to maintain it.
This course bridges the gap for the 'certified freediver' allowing them to grow as a safe and competent freediver, adapting to safe, efficient and conscientious Freedive-Harvesting and Spearfishing methods and practices
Freediving within their certification standards, students will be taught the fundamentals of safe Freedive-Harvesting, band-powered device handling as well as the basics of Ethical Freedive-Harvesting and Local Rules and Regulations.
Focus of instructional material in BD's Freedive-Harvesting Course will be on:
- Proper safety practices and procedures for freedive-harvesting and spearfishing as a safe-buddy system
- Proper execution of safe-buddy system protocols
- Classroom and In-water skill development covering such topics as: handling of band powered devices, safe freediving practices while harvesting, line management, signals and communication
- Freedive-harvesting/spearfishing equipment use, management and maintenance. Learn the benefits specific freedive-harvesting/spearfishing equipment: why it works, how to maximize it's potential and how to keep your gear working for you.
Performance Freediving International Courses offered by Bottom Dwellers Freediving provide the students within its courses with 'DAN's Student Medical Expense Coverage'. ***This coverage DOES NOT apply to Bottom Dwellers' Freedive-Harvesting Course Segments.***